The South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) is excited to announce that the 3rd National Pharmacy Conference will be held from 3rd to 5th October 2019 at Sun City, North-West. The National Pharmacy Conference has established itself as the premier, multi-stakeholder conference for all in pharmacy – bringing together professionals across all sectors of pharmacy for meaningful dialogue, networking and knowledge-sharing.
The National Pharmacy Conference also presents an opportunity for companies in the pharmacy industry to expose their brands and products to industry decision-makers, experts and professionals through sponsorship and exhibitions. The SAPC invites you to grab the opportunity to be associated with this prestigious dialogue for the advancement of pharmacy by subscribing to any of the sponsorship packages presented in this booklet. In a nutshell, the following sponsorship opportunities are available:
The diamond sponsorship package is our most feature-rich package and ensures maximum exposure prior to, during and after the conference. The diamond sponsor(s) will also have their branding featured in the national newspaper advertisement of the National Pharmacy Awards. There are only two diamond sponsorship packages on offer.
The platinum sponsors will have the second-most feature-filled package. Benefits in the package are: social media mentions, branding on all conference promotional material (including conference website), branding at cocktail/casual dinner, and a full page advert in the conference programme amongst many other benefits.
The corporate branding of gold sponsors will be featured on National Pharmacy Awards trophies and awards, will be mentioned on the awards programme, in the e-Pharmaciae, and SAPC Annual Report, and will also have a half-page advertisement in the conference programme; amongst other benefits.
The silver sponsorship package is an entry-level package and, for a small donation, sponsors will earn: social media mentions, inclusion of sponsor’s marketing material in delegate conference packs, logo on conference branding material (as well as the conference mobile app), and mentions in the SAPC Annual Report, e-Pharmaciae and the post-conference report.
While the conference continues to be a unified platform for the advancement of the pharmacy industry, each instalment has allowed for a healthy dose of recreation, networking and relaxation. The 3rd National Pharmacy Conference would continue this spirit. The conference will also boast the 3rd National Pharmacy Conference Golf Day on 2nd October 2019 (at the Lost City Golf Course), Fun run / walk on Friday morning on 4th October 2019 and the 2019 National Pharmacy Pioneer Professional and Facility Awards Ceremony on 5th October 2019 – which will honour pharmacy professionals and pharmacies who have delivered exceptional service and made a difference in their communities.
Inspired by Vision 2030 as outlined in the National Development Plan and the spirit of #ThumaMina (wanting to be the positive change that we desire), the 3rd National Pharmacy Conference will have as its theme: “Plugged-in, Engaged, Become a catalyst for change”. This is a clarion call for all in pharmacy to be involved in shaping the future of pharmacy and how it continues to contribute to responding to the healthcare needs of a society that is rapidly adapting to technological advancements in every aspect of its life, including its healthcare-seeking behaviours.
Your support will help advance the pharmacy profession and sustain its continued contribution to the healthcare of society.
Who will be attending?
- Responsible pharmacists in all sectors of pharmacy (i.e. Community, Institutional, Wholesale, Manufacturing, Academia and Consultant)
- Heads of Pharmaceutical Services and Executive Management (public/private sector)
- Heads of Pharmacy Schools
- Further Education and Training providers
- Providers of short courses/Continuing Professional Development
- Policy makers
- Pharmacy students
- Pharmacy support personnel
- Regulators (SAPC, SAHPRA, SANC, HPCSA, NDoH)
- Pharmacists involved in clinical trials
- Every pharmacy visionary or veteran
- Everyone passionate about pharmacy as a profession
Approximately 1,000 delegates from South Africa and the rest of Africa are expected to attend the 3rd National Pharmacy Conference in October 2019.
The 3rd NPC Organising Committee will be actively marketing the conference to pharmacy professionals within South Africa and the rest of the SADC region, using the following mediums:
- Targeted emailers
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Advertising in pharmacy-related print media and journals
- Listing on event calendars
- Promotion at other conferences taking place within the pharmacy industry during the lead up to the conference
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 3RD NPC
- Increase your pre-conference exposure through marketing coverage (website / social media / mailers)
- Raise your profile above your competitors
- Increase recognition and drive traffic to your exhibition stand / website
- Marketing platform through branding and acknowledgment
- Contribute to and be actively involved in the development and growth of the industry and those that work in all pharmacy sectors
- Receive a greater ROI. Sponsoring an event can often be cheaper and have a higher return on investment than a TV commercial or other advertising methods
- Contribute to the upliftment of the pharmacy industry and science and technology
- Increase your company’s perceived image – sponsoring such a big, professional and reputable event will provide the impression that your company is a reputable one
- Gain the respect and creditability of your target audience
- Launch new products
- Strengthen current product popularity
- Generate sales leads
- Reach new specific markets
- Meet with sector specific audience
- Be recognised
- Brand trust: if you exhibit then you are more likely to be considered a serious business player
- Visibility: you might have a strong online presence, but to strengthen and grow, there also needs to be a real visibility. People buy from people.
- Train, coach and motivate staff in communication skills
- Market intelligence – get to know your competitors and their products
- Keep up on industry trends and products that compliment your business