Samira Shammas Goussous
• BSc Pharmacy School – American University of Beirut ( AUB )
• A registered practising pharmacist, activist on the international , regional and national levels promoting the role of the pharmacy profession as a health care provider within the health care system focusing on the patient and his safety to
• Samira, owner of a community pharmacy, is a lifelong practising community pharmacist also as Director to one of the leading wholesale companies being representative to a group of multi-national companies. This diverse experience in the supply system renders Samira with a high profile and advanced knowledge in the regulatory affairs, drug pricing, marketing strategies, supply management as well as the tender business.
• Nationally: Samira leads the Jordan Pharmacists Association (JPA) project for the implementation of immunization in the community pharmacy.
– Initiated and headed the Board of Good Pharmacy Practice and published the WHITE PRINT in line with the WHO and FIP standards.
– Board member in The Pharmacy Schools of Jordan University and the Applied Sciences University.
– Currently, Member in the JFDA Quality supervision for medical devices
• Member in the JFDA Higher Committee responsible to issuing all regulations and standards (2002-2004)
• Elected twice as board member to Jordan Pharmacists Association –
• Currently, member in the Antimicrobial Resistance Group/JFDA
• Chair the JPA Confernce in 2012-Jordan
• Represented the JPA to FIP councils several times
REGIONALLY : Member of the EMRO / FIP
• Lectured in several Arab countries on GPP
• Elected as Vice president / FIP for the term 2018-2020
• Elected twice as Ex-co member of the Community Pharmacy Section/FIP
• 2000-6-201 4
• A member in the FIP working group for amending the FIP membership statute.
• Participated in number of international conferences delivering lectures on FIP, Code of Ethics and GPP.